On a gluten-free diet and searching for something new? Try this recipe which is also a good source of protein for those vegetarians who are gluten-free.
- 1 cup quinoa, toasted
- 2 cups gluten-free broth
- 15 mint leaves, coarsely torn
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- Toast quinoa in a large, dry skillet over medium heat until it starts to smell toasty and browns a bit, 10-15 minutes. This step not necessary but it does enhance the flavor.
- Add broth to the skillet, bring to a boil, and simmer 12-15 minutes or until the broth is absorbed and the quinoa is soft and fluffy.
- Add in 1/2 the mint leaves and stir. Squeeze in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper t taste. Add in tomatoes and the rest of the mint leaves when cooled.
Calories:261; Protein: 10 gms.; Carbohydrates: 50 gms.; Fiber: 7 gms
Recipe courtesy of Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD