Posted by free1blog2 | Posted in Intuitive Eating | Posted on 19-06-2011
By D Heape
There are alot of the myths that have been taught to us about weight loss and dieting over the years, and the experts will tell you that almost all of these are all lies and bogus information.
1. All carbohydrates are bad and you need to avoid them. Carbohydrates have a fair amount of calories, they have alot less than fats do. Simple carbohydrates: which is pretty much sugar, should be restricted. The complex carbohydrates: whole grain, starches, have alot more nutrients. You just need to eat smaller portions.
2. You can eat more if the foods are lower in fat or fat free. Low fat or fat free does not mean that they do not have calories. The fat is taken out, so sugar and other carbohydrates are added to make them taste o.k..
3. Dairy products will make you gain weight, and you should stay away from them. Dairy products are a good amount of protein to build muscles and help organs work correctly and calcium strengthens the bones. For weight loss it is better to use low-fat dairy products.
4. Eating after 7 p.m. will make you gain weight. It really does’t matter what time you eat. It’s what, how much, and your activity during the day which causes weight gain.
5. You have to exercise at least 45 minutes a day to get the best results. Adults should partake in moderate physical activities for about 30 minutes about 4 times a week. The exercise does not have to be done all at once. 30 minutes can be cut in half 2 times a day, and you get the same results.
6. Vegetarians are really healthy people. Vegetarians eat fewer calories and not as much fat , but they make food choices that make them gain weight by eating large amounts of high-fat, high-calorie foods,plus alot of the food has little nutritional value.
7. As long as you watch the amount of food you eat, you do not have to exercise. If you are trying to keep the same weight, or lose weight, exercise helps you increase the lean tissue while getting rid of your fat storage.
Eating good nutritious foods, and paying attention to the amount you, eating sweets and stuff in moderation and doing physical activity is the best plan to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Make sure you know the facts before giving someone else health information, and these are some of the talked about weight loss myths.
I was heavy growing up, and I know how it feels to be picked on and called names. I have done extensive research and found that there are very few programs out there that teach you how to eat properly,lose weight,and keep it off. Watch the free videos you have nothing to lose. http://www.fatlosssecretsforlife.co.cc/ http://www.dietsunited.info/