For all you fish lovers out there, I found a great, easy recipe for those busy weekday dinners. Enjoy!
Aromatic Flounder en Papillote
- 4 flounder fillets, 6-8 oz. each
- 2 baby zucchini (or 1 large), halved and diced to 1/4 inches
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 lemon slices, cut width-wise to 1/8 inches
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Tear four 10-inch wide sections of the parchment. Fold each sheet in half (short-side to short side) and cut a semi-circle from the folded edge to the border. Lay each parchment circle, unfolded, on cutting board and place a fillet in the bottom half of each.
- Divide the diced zucchini evenly amount the pouches, placing along one side of each fillet. Sprinkle fillets and zucchini with dill and salt.
- Lay two lemon slices on each fish, shingling in the center of each fillet. Fold top half of parchment over fish and zucchini to meet the edges. Starting at one corner, fold edges over to seal and continue to crimp along the edges to opposite corner, sealing tightly at second corner.
- Transfer parchment pouches to a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes (pouches will be slightly puffed). Transfer to serving plates and cut a slit in center to release steam. Serve immediately, allowing each guest to fully cut paper open.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 190 calories; 2.5 gm fat (0.5 gm saturated fat); 95 mg cholesterol; 410 mg sodium; 3 gm carbohydrates; 38 gm protein; 1 gm fiber; 1 gm sugar
Recipe courtesy of Heather Garvin; House Calls Magazine: Roper St Francis Healthcare; Spring 2012 Ed.